Sunday 15 March 2015

The Maldives Islands


Chaimae Hounain

I have been to the beach several times in my life, but not all beaches are the same. When I visited the Maldive Islands, last summer, I realized just how different beaches can be.

 I traveled on a Saturday morning accompanied by Hamza. We took the plane from Amsterdam airport to Abu Dhabi. We spent two days there, and from there we took the plane to the Maldive Islands. We arrived very tired after five hours of flight. We went directly to our accommodation One & Only Reethi Rah. We left our bags, put on our bathing suits and went swimming directly. Something amazing in the islands of the Maldives are its crystal clear water.

 I had no desire to leave the water. Then we returned to our room, showered and went to dinner and we went up very late from the beach. The food there was tasty. One of my favorite dishes was Rihaakuru a tuna pasta to eat with bread, and also the garudia, a fish soup with rice, pepper and lemon, these are some of the traditional dishes there.


 I must admit it was the best trip of my life with the most important person in my life. It is and will be the best experience.