Sunday 14 December 2014

Tokyo - Zaid Bousdar




Tokyo is well known of its incredible culture and food but in this presentation I will only talk about its most visited place. In a near future if I have the chance I will talk more about its culture.

Writing


Last month I went on a school trip to Tokyo with my classmates. I was impressed because I had always wanted to go there. We arrived at night and we checked in the hotel.

The next day we visited the Imperial Palace and the Ueno Park. During the evening we had dinner on a restaurant on th Omotesando Hills District and then we returned to the hotel.

I never imagined that the next day was going to be the worst of all. Qfter having breakfast, we decided to visit Mount Fuji. We took the train to Subashiri. When we arrived, our Tour Guide, Hideyoshi told us about the past of the mountain. Then we entered the forest. We split up. Our group decided to go back to the the station but we never reached it. Then we realized that we were lost.

We stayed on the forst during the rest of the day. We also slept there. I woke up in the morning. We were hhungry. We decided to try it again. We failed again. That day we couldn't sleep. We felt that something was stalking us so we decided to move to another place. In our way I hurt my arm because I had slipped.

The next day the police found us on the Wood and rescued us. I was taken to the hospital. Later, we returned to the hotel. As Hideyoshi told us, wer were lucky to return to the city again because a lot of tourists who had been lost commited suicide.

The trip ended happily. We returned to Tetuan and our lives started its routine again but I will never forget Hideyoshi's words.

Shougatsu (New Year)

Shougatsu (New Year) is the most important celebration in the japanese culture. Shougatsu is celebrated during the fourth first January days.
Shougatsu was a national celebration since a lot of time. At first it coincided with the chinese calendar but since 1873 the date of the celebration was adjusted to the gregorian calendar. During the days before the celebration, people do a thorough cleaning of the house to purify it and prepare it for the upcoming year. People usually prepare typical food. It is also typical to decorate the house with traditional furniture.
For years japanese people celebrate this important celebration. It is the costum to have dinner with the family. Shougatsu is for japanese as important as Christmas is for christians.

Typical food

People celebrating Shougatsu in front a temple


Tokyo: Photos


Shinjuku


Tourists visiting the Sensoji Temple 

Traditional weeding in the Meiji Jingu

To Aru Majutsu no Index poster in Tokyo Anime Center 
A spectacular view of Mount Fuji

A beautiful fountain in Yoyogi Park

Video